If you are attending NonCon, here is some important information for you to know:
Again, many thanks for choosing to attend NonCon.
- Entering Campus -- You may be stopped at Main Gate. Please just indicate that you are attending NonCon.
- Navigating Campus -- Vassar is huge, as you will discover. However, you will only be dealing with a select few buildings in the center of campus. Entering from Main Gate, directly in front of you will be Main Building/College Center, which is where registration is held. Once you enter Main Building, there should be signs indicating where to go for registration. We will also try to have signs leading to Sanders Classrooms and Rockefeller Hall, where other parts of the convention will be held. A map will also be provided in the program book.
- Parking -- parking is very restricted on Vassar campus; however, attendees have been given permission to park in North Lot for the weekend, provided they have a NonCon parking pass which we will be handing out at registration in the Villard Room. Our location page will give you better information on where North Lot is located. Please do not park directly in front of Main Building, unless it is temporary (there are 20 minute parking spots available there).
- If you have crash space.... -- you have probably already heard from the registration coordinator. However, if you haven't, the news is that you will staying in the multi-purpose/TV rooms of two different dorms, Raymond and Davison. At the end of the day, NonCon staff can direct you there.
- Getting assistance -- should you ever need assistance, NonCon volunteers should be able to be easily spotted by the red shirts we will be wearing. You can ask for anybody on the contact list by name if you need specific help.
- Bathrooms -- Vassar has a nice little conundrum when it comes to bathrooms. All bathrooms in the dorms are coed; however, any bathroom in a space where faculty might be is separated. I say this so that if you have crash space, you won't be freaked out if a guy walks into the bathroom while you're brushing your teeth in the morning.
- Rules -- The three big rules on Vassar campus and at NonCon are no weapons (including boffer weapons); no illegal substances; and no tree climbing The last one may seem like a joke, but it's serious. Vassar campus is an arboretum, and you can be fined for climbing or defacing the trees. Some of them are more than a hundred years old; so let's be nice to the greenery.
- Schedule changes -- Changes to the program book will be posted at registration. However, this site is a little bit more up to date than the program book (a LARP and an RPG have been cancelled, some anime and panels have been moved around; otherwise they are the same), so keep that in mind; some changes posted may not necessarily be changes over this page.
- Handicapped accessibility -- Every building on campus should be handicapped accessible. If there is ever a question that a building is not, please see a NonCon volunteer for assistance.
- Food -- NonCon is providing a limited ConSuite in the Villard Room, where registration is held. If you're looking for something more substantial, food is available on-campus in The Retreat in College Center; or in ACDC, our dining hall. We also encourage NonCon guests to patronize local businesses off-campus, especially since many have contributed to NonCon. We are in walking distance of quite a few restaurants; a NonCon volunteer should be able to give you a suggestion.